Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bling on the Holidays

One of my goals for 2016 is to ensure that I play along with each Jingle Belles challenge.  I am sure to have more than enough Christmas cards by the end of November.  The challenge this fortnight is "Bling on the Holidays";  include gems, jewels, beads, sequins, glitter, pearls, etc. on your Christmas card creation.

My card began with a little square scrap the "Joy Joy Joy...Joy to the world."  The print is sort of kraft colored, so I searched my newly-sorted-by-color-6x6 paper-bin.  This orange chevron actually has thin vertical stripes of the same color!  I mounted each on kraft card stock, then added Neat and Tangled sequins (pumpkin and winter wonderland.)

I rather like my non-traditional card…can I say that?  It's so much fun to make a card out of scraps and bits.

Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

lauren bergold said...

this is blingy PERFECTION, missus; i'd be a little worried if you didn't love it as much as i do! thanks for celebrating all things sparkly with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, June!! I love the design and the sequins!! So beautiful!! And what a great idea to work ahead on Christmas cards!! I so need to do that, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie M said...

Fab card, June - I just love chevrons! Loving orange for a Christmas card too - combined with the bling and the sentiment card it's just perfect. That's two Christmas cards on your stockpile now, isn't it? Happy days!

Julie :o)

Windy Hills said...

The red and white reminds me of the candy cane color combination, my favorite and very whimsical.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmilynStef said...

I adore this ... especially how the red chevron shows through the center of the lighter sequins ... what a cool effect ... so glad you helped us BLING on Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the red chevron backdrop. I hope you get your cards done--inspire me to do it too!