Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Bookmarks - Teacher Gifts

June is such a busy month…much like Thanksgiving through Christmas.  So much family fun and celebrations; my twin girls are officially teenagers (13yo!), my dad turned 70, and today is the last day of school.

Before my twin girls were born, I taught math in secondary school.  My students were so sweet and gave me many gifts at Christmas and at the end of the school year.  One of the gifts that I treasure most is a book mark from a student named Ian.  The bookmark was given to me in 1996 and it is my go-to bookmark whenever I put down my Kindle and I pick up a book.  And I think of Ian, which makes me smile.  Ian's bookmark was in a vinyl sleeve and purchased at Barnes and Noble.

I need 22 teacher gifts, so purchasing 22 bookmarks at a Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million is not in my budget.  I perused the internet and found these wonderful bookmark sleeves from www.clearbags.com.  I combined stamps from both Simon Says Stamp and Technique Tuesday, and Echo Park "Paradise Beach" papers. 
I am joining in the Flip Flops challenge at Curtain Call.  (The bookmarks on the far right used flip flop patterned paper.)

On the back (not pictured), I stamped "Thank you for being so awesome" and signed it from the Houck family.  I hope the teachers enjoy them and bring them a smile when they think of my two sweet girls.

Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well i happen to know these are EVEN COOLER irl, which is really saying something, missus! plus... making 22 of ANYTHING always impresses me, lol! :) (gorgeous tassels, btw, lol!) ;)

Lisa said...

These are so fabulous!! I love the designs and papers!! The tassels are awesome!! The teachers will adore these!! What thoughtful gifts they are!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!

Amy Sheffer said...

TWENTY-TWO??!! I'm impressed, June! These are darling, and I'm sure the teachers will treasure them. I love that you still have Ian's all these years later. Thanks for linking up to the Curtain Call! Happy last day of school!

Migdalia said...

This is so Cool! Awesome design!! I am sure that the teachers loved it
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, these are awesome June! I am sure they will love them and be used daily! The papers scream summer and love the darling tassels!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooo fun! What a great gift idea!!!!!!!

Scrapper69 said...

What a Wonderful Teacher Gift! Making 22 of them is Amazing in my book!!!! Kudos to you!! Enjoy your Summer Break!!! Have a great day!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

ScrappyHorses said...

How fun! I love that flip flop paper!!

Tracy said...

they came out so cute and such a perfect gift (and yes those tassels were pretty darned cute too ;-))

Diane said...

What a fun idea and designs.

Hugs Diane

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

June, I am a school librarian in a PK-8 school. I cam assure you that your daughters' teachers will love these handmade, thoughtful, useful gifts. What a fabulous idea. I love your story about Ian and his bookmark gift to you. They look fantastic. I'm going to bookmark that site.

Celeste Goff said...

What fun and creative bookmarks! Love the smiling sun at the top!