Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Simple Stories, You Are My Sunshine

  "Summer Fresh" is the first Simple Stories collection I have ever owned.  I have the 6x6 pad and I am addicted to it!  I love the bolder colors and the fact that it pairs well with my navy Bazzill card stock (my picture makes it look black, but it is truly navy.)

  This pad is different from all of the other 6x6s I own because some of the papers are not just a pattern (like the red check or green polka dot pictured.)  There are papers that can be cut up and used as journaling tags or as the sentiment (e.g. "you are my sunshine" panel above.)  Here are some earlier posts of other cards I have made from the same 6x6 pad:

Sooooooo much fun in one little pad.  Do you see the clouds behind the sail boat?  I fussy cut the clouds from one sheet in the pad of paper...so many flags and other goodies to fussy cut.  The "waves" in the sail boat card were the negative image from using my scallop border die.  Then I used the actual scallops for this card:
  The hot air ballon panel is one of the rectangles of journaling cards; I just added the bit of twine on the basket and a navy snap in the corner.  Easy-peasy.

  Now I am motivated to give some love to my other 6x6 pads because I may need to make room to buy more Simple Stories...they sure are easy to work with!

Happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute card...in fact all of them are cute. Love that paper too! Lee-Ann :)

Tracy said...

I love Simple Stories too! Cute cards!

Court said...

Super cute!!! And I love the post, but you should not be typing with your back still hurt. Bad June!

Life and Knits said...

Love these! Love the papers too!!

Susie

Denise Price said...

I love the way your card contains many patterns yet still looks clean!

Funny thing, I blogged about Summer Fresh today too. :)

Danni said...

Love all your cards! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know what I'm going to do. I happen to have that paper pad, and I'm going to try to recreate the cards with it that you've created. Curious about how I'll do!!! :)

Ruth G said...

Love this collection! I've got the 12x12 and hate to cut it up for cards, so I think I need to get the 6x6! You certainly created many inspiring projects from yours!!! TFS!!!

~amy~ said...

Soooo many fun cards June! I love all the sweet colors & patterns!

Georgiana said...

Impressive! All these cards are marvelous and I just got to find some of this paper too!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are amazing!! I just loveeeeeeeee these! The colors are GORGEOUS!!!!

Dixie Cochran said...

Wow, June! That paper is yummy, and you've created some beautiful cards with it.

Melinda Spinks said...

You've certainly been busy creating such gorgeous cards! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable creations. I love that Simple Stories paper.

Unknown said...

I can see why you LOVE that paper. So pretty. Your card look so cute..

Hugs~

DIANA L. said...

Very nice great colors
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com