Monday, August 20, 2012

CAS cards from scraps


   This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to try something new or revisit an oldie.  I've been racking my brain as to what I might do.  Then I saw this week's sketch at Clean & Simple stamping:
I am so inspired by this sketch!  I can't wait to grab some of my 6x6 pads, punch some circles and create some fun cards following this sketch...but then an idea tickled my brain:  three years ago I tried a technique of embossing scrapbook paper and sanding it (click here to see my 2009 card.)
 I cut a sheet of whisper white to 8 1/2"x 8 1/2", then cut in half to create two square cards @ 4 1/4".  I cut a scrap of black card stock 2 @ 3 1/2" square.  Then I cut a scrap of SU dsp ("So Saffron" pattern paper) 2 @ 3 1/4" square.
I embossed with my SU "Elegant Bouquet" embossing folder and sanded the paper with my Making Memories sanding block.  I stamped my sentiments both by My Pink Stamper:  "Around the Corner" and "Birthday Crazy" that I purchased from Shop Pumpkin Spice.

Do you think I should use up that SU paper and make bunches of these?  I may grab some 6x6 pads and start punching circles to use that fantabulous Clean & Simple stamping sketch again.  *LOVE*

Happy Monday!


13 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, this is so cool! I love that our paper has a white core! I'll bet it would look fabby heat-embossed with white, too! (which is what I thought you did before I read it :))

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! These are strikingly beautiful!

Missy said...

Oh, this is just lovely! I think the sanded part really just pops out at you! The font on the sentiment is perfect as well!

Linda said...

June these are really really pretty!

Unknown said...

I just love the way this looks. Very pretty..

Hugs~

CarlaKH said...

How pretty! I have never thought of trying that technique but now I need to! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS! You are missed! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! I loveeeeee the colors!!!!

Deena said...

love this card!!! the colours are gorgeous, June!

Arlene said...

Love the simplicity of these cards!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥!!! that is clever and soooooooooo very cool! not only a great take on the technique challenge AND that sketch, but just such a beautiful effect all-round! AWESOME!

Rose said...

these are beautiful i love the sanded look :)

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

bonnie said...

So elegant June! ;) Hugs x