Wednesday, October 26, 2011

You will always have a piece of my heart + Urge to Purge challenge: Day 4



  I used the new My Pink Stamper "From the Heart" stamp set.  As usual, Robyn has created a stamp set with lovely sentiments and fonts.  Wanna see?


  I needed to make a slew of thank you cards, so I made 10 of this design (background papers varied).  They have all been written and sent now and I am out of thank you cards once again; a good problem to have :)  This little elephant is so cute!  I love elephants as does my grandma.  She always says that they need to have their trunk up for good luck.  I am so glad the person who designed this Cricut image drew her with her trunk up!

Supplies:
stamp:  My Pink Stamper "From the Heart"
Cricut cartridge:  Elegant Edges  (cut @ 4"); Paisley (elephant cut @ 2 1/4"; envelope cut @ 3/4"); Plantin Schoolbook (grass cut @ 1/2")
paper:  Echo Park "life is good"
ink:  Memento (tuxedo black)
white gel pen:  Signo Uni-ball


Urge to Purge friends:
  I am finding that cleaning a little each day allows my subconscious to ponder the best way to purge for the next day.  Yesterday I started on the right-hand side of my dresser (top two drawers now hold all of my Cricut cartridges.)  My subconscious gave me a nudge this morning at 4am, "June, empty the bottom right-hand drawer for Cricut cartridges."  Makes sense, right?  The entire right side of the dresser should be dedicated to Cricut cartridges.  Let's face it…the top 2 drawers are pretty full and you know I am going to want to ask Santa for more cartridges!

  Great idea, but I groaned when I opened the drawer:
   I purged my craft room last January and I have not opened this drawer since!  I obviously don't need all of this ribbon if I am not using it.  My mom wraps packages beautifully and uses wide ribbon deftly.  I did not inherit her gift wrapping abilities so I am going to give her the wide ribbon.  There is a lot of narrow ribbon in there that I bought and was able to move onto my ribbon shelf that hangs on the wall above the dresser.  And under the ribbon:
more ribbon and beads, beads, beads, and bags of beads.  I organized the beads and emptied the drawer.


I came across the following items that I will probably not use.  If you want them, I will send them to you: 


  Please let me know if you would like these ribbons/trim:
 and/or this aida paper for beading (not aida cloth):
I even organized the rest of the dresser (left-hand side….I did not take pictures.)  I re-organized my counted cross-stitch supplies, floss, latch hook rug supplies, and other odds and ends from my non-paper crafts.  Now I just need to find a new spot in my craft room for these:

Happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

Tami B. said...

My daughter & I both love elephants too, so you know I love this card (and yes they need to have their trunk up.)

Diane Hodrick said...

I am halfway through cleaning my craft space, which means it's too late to change my mind. Painful. Cute card!

Court said...

You're hilarious. I LOVE the elephant card (of course) and way to go on continuing to purge!!!

Shauna K said...

tooo cute!! i really love the little envelope :D

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Way to go you on cleaning up, and I love this little elephant! so cute! Love those ribbons too! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That card is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeee the elephant!! And if you haven't had any takers for the cross stitch material... I am interested in that! Thanks for the offer! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Angi Barrs said...

Awww that elephant is sooo super cute. :)

Julie M said...

Hi June - sorry I've not popped by your blog in so long. I've missed a lot of wonderful work from you - both making and purging!! Fab elephant card - I just love the way he's holding that little heart, and the larger heart negative below. Gorgeous work. And well done on the sorting out too. If only I had half your energy! I am resolving to get into my craftroom and MAKE something.

Julie xx

Linda Breedlove said...

Your elephant is too cute. Love it!!!
Well, day four and I'm still back at two... went looking to buy a shelf to hold more of my things ... but no luck. Guess I'm not doing too well at this... but "you go, girl".

Unknown said...

Look at you go girly.. Getting all organized. Can you come to my house next!! Hee Hee.. I just love your cute card. It is adorable..

Hugs, Linda

Missy said...

Such a sweet card June, I love the little elephant!!

papertrails leaver said...

Loved reading this post June to fund out about the elephants trunk and discover that bed cloth. Never heard of either items before. Super cute card! Good for you purging! I am heading over to SPS to check those stamps out. I need to purge myself because it's just getting crazy at my little corner of crativity. :-) Amy

DEBBIE ORR said...

Great card I love the elephant also good for you on getting organized and I love that ribbon and pom pom trim really cute.

Arlene said...

Super cute card...especially love the sentiment! :)

Claudia said...

I too love elephants. In fact when I was little I called them effalents and asked my Mom if I could have one. Alas, she said no. I would love to have the trims if you are really going to give them away. So sweet of you.
claudia matzke at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I don't know where to begin on telling you how great that elephant is, holy jeebus. The papers and how you put him{?} together is way too cute for words. Do you think I can become Cricut creative like you are?? I am SO intimidated {and I don't really get that way, or I would have especially not taken this job} by the thought of that machine, where to start, you know, that whole wussy thing LOL