Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Be Inspired #69 - Glimmer Mist & a mask

Our challenge for you at Cuttlebug Challenge blog is to create a card using a mask and Glimmer Mist (or a similar coloring agent) along with a Cuttlebug product. I used the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, Bazzill card stock (yellow & blue), white card stock, metal embellishments (Making Memories mini brads and Embellish It! dragonfly), scrap of ribbon, and the ovals were cut from my Pazzles.

My card was created with donated Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. When I realized they would be sponsoring this challenge, I went right to a Glimmer Mist expert...my Design Diva friend, Chris. Chris is quite possibly Tattered Angel's #1 fan. About 2 years ago Chris and I met for coffee one morning at a local coffee shop, and she brought her Tattered Angels masks and Glimmer Mist to show me. She was so excited and enthusiastic about this product. I loved the effect, but I am slightly OCD over getting my hands messy and messes in general. So I did not buy any...

Here I am ~2 years later in need of creating a project with Glimmer Mist and a mask. I called Chris, "I need you to tutor me!!!" The Design Divas got together and Chris and I played with her Tattered Angels masks and Glimmer Mist sprays. It was easy, fun, and not messy!!! My hands had very little spray on them, and it washes right off. I love this product. I need to make room in my craft room for some more colors :)

Please try them! If you don't have any glimmer mist, you can make your own. There are tutorials on other blogs and at Split Coast Stampers. You can make your own mask too. Just play with it. You are in for some fun!

**If you are still with me, I need to brag just a little about my dhDH. I showed Doug my card, and he said, "I like it. I think it needs a dragonfly at the top." I added the dragonfly with a glue dot and called it finished. Yep, he's a keeper :)

16 comments:

Shantaie said...

June, I love that border trim, so pretty! Super card...your design diva friend tutored you well :)

Vicky said...

Ooooh, beautiful card,so inspiring. I've got some glimmer mist somewhere, must dig it out. :)x

America said...

GREAT card, fabulous masking and misting!! Very much inspiring! :)

leslie said...

Nice job! I have Glimmer Mist (I think that's what it is) and I totally FAILed using it, so I gave up. I may try it again, and if I fail AGAIN, it shall become YOURS. :-)

Jackie said...

That's beautiful and your DH did a good job suggesting the dragonfly. I have some Glimmer Mist but I don't like it when the blobs come out instead of a fine mist. I use it now and again but would prefer a finer mist. Tsukineko and Colorbox both have new spritzers with shimmer, I can't wait to see those, too.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Absolutely stunning! What a craft-supporting hubby you have ;) And, of course, brillant Design Diva friend!!

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya June

Absolutely gorgeous, I love Glimmer Mists and you have done a fantastic job with them on this card. Your DH was right, the dragonfly is a gorgeous touch.

Hugs,

Jo xx

csroyal said...

Super card, June, and the dragonfly was a perfect addition, too!

Kay said...

Fabulous card, June! Great work with the Glimmer Mist!! And I love the dragonfly, too. ;o) ♥♥ Kay

Windy Hills said...

Everything about this card is lovely. Stunning technique to share!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gorgeous June:) This is simply `Gorgeous` fabulous masking:)TFI
Have a fab week my friend:)xxx

Rebekah Williams said...

What a guy! Is he your secret design muse?

2muchpaper said...

Cute and charming!

1heart4stamping said...

There is noting more enjoyable then to look at your blog. Love the dragonfly, my favorite!

lauren bergold said...

omg--*HOW* did i miss this last week??!?! arrgh! this is GORGEOUS, june!!! i absolutely love the misty bits...and then how you've incorporated them into a most beautiful "simply elegant" card! (& yeah the dragonfly ROCKS--so amazing & cool that dh/DH is a budding designer now!!!) ♥♥♥

Tyggereye said...

Glimmer mist!! Ooh I love this. I keep saying I'm going to buy some and never do! This is amazingly pretty. Ooh I want some!