Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Be Inspired #65 - Cuttlebug Challenge blog

Open image.
Front of card (closed). Measures 4" x 5 1/2".

This week's challenge is to create something with a basic white theme, Asian if you have it! Provo Craft has released new Asian Cuttlebug embossing folders seen here. I don't own any yet. I used the Floral Screen embossing folder, some Asian papers from Michaels, a Judikins stamp "love" symbol, and 3 flowers and brads from my stash. This card is called a tri-shutter card. There is a tutorial on splitcoast stampers. It is so easy to make! Really.

Here is a brief tutorial on my card:
1. Cut white card stock @ 5 1/2" x 12".
2. Along the 12" side, score at 2", 4", 8" & 10".
3. Rotate card stock. Along the 5 1/2" side, measure in 1 1/2" from each end (1 1/2" & 3 1/2"). Cut with an Xacto knife from the 2" score line to the 10" score line.
4. Mountain & valley fold score lines (see top picture).
5. Cut & emboss white card stock:
  • 4 @ 1 1/4" x 1 3/4"
  • 1 @ 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"
  • 2 @ 2 1/4" x 1 3/4"
6. Cut Asian papers:
  • 2 @ 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"
  • 2 @ 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Give it a try! I promise you will be finished in 30 minutes or less.
I hope you have time to play along. Link your card at Cuttlebug Challenge blog by 5pm EST on Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

20 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

My jaw dropped when I saw your card, June! BEAUTIFUL!!! This is the kind of card that the receiver is going to want to display in their home as artwork!!! AMAZING!!!

Shantaie said...

It may have taken you 30 minutes, but it sure looks like it took 3 hours! Your use of china blue as your color I think really makes this card special!
Really gorgeous!

Leslie Hanna said...

EEEEK! I.must.own.the.asian.folder.

LOVELOVELOVE this card. I might just have to MAKE one, finally!

Shauna K said...

this is super cool! it totally has an Asian feel and lots o white too :D i totally don't have any Asian-themed supplies, do i'm not sure how i'll do with this challenge :P but i can't wait to join in ;)

Karen said...

I so love your Asian themed card June! Gorgeous Gorgeous!! Ironically, couple of scrappy friends of mine are all challenging each other through the 10th of this month to make this same type of card, as a challenge to see all the different styles. I have yet to make mine (yikes), but I so love what you have done here!! :)

Jackie said...

Wow - that is gorgeous!!

Kay said...

30 minutes??!! Oh girl, you're good! This looks like it took a lot longer than that! It's amazing and I can't stop admiring it!!! WOW!! Love the papers and the card design is unbelievable! ♥♥ Kay

Linda Brun said...

WOW...June..Now I know...You are a real pro...( Yes I have always knew this )
Love the design, the paper, the embossing, the...everything...
This inspired me to try creating my own.. with another theme and design of course...
Hugs from Icy cold Norway.. -12C

Girlsinthecraft said...

Simply stunning June! Another piece of art.......deanna

Chai Dackermann said...

I think this is my favorite card of all. Love the paper and all. Thanks for sharing.

anja curvers said...

This is so beautiful made one of those cards a while ago but didn't finish it in 30 minutes. Great job and thank's for your kind words on my blog.

Rebekah Williams said...

My gosh, June! You're crafting sculptures now! Love this.

Chrissie said...

This is great, maybe I'll have a go but the measuring looks complicated!!!
Chrissie

Deb said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation June. I "love" the new embossing folder and the paper you used is so SO pretty!!

Heather said...

Hi June -Happy New Year - may it be a good one for you.
Love your card, it absolutely stunning. I'm definitely going to have a go at this one - when I eventually catch up with my blogging and crafting.Gorgeous colours and papers.
hugs Heather xx

Deborah March said...

STUNNING June!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOooOOOOoooooOOOW♥!!! now THAT is one show-stopper of a card! i think it still would be amazing if it was just those patterns/colors OR that level of detail OR that fannnnnnncy & awesome 3-D effect trifold--the fact that it's ALL of the above is absolutely STUNNING!!! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog but just added you to Google Reader due to this gorgeous card! I would like to CASE it (with your permission)and have a question about the measurements of the Asian paper. You say to cut 2 @ 1 5/4" x 5 1/4" and I wanted to doublecheck the 5/4 fraction. Did you really mean 5/4? Thanks! Looooooooove it!

Anonymous said...

whoa Whoa WhoA and WHOA!!! This is fan-stinkin'-tastic!!! I WILL BE DOING THESE NOW!! Well, I'll be doing them when I'm off hiatus! ;-) xoxoxox

Natasha said...

Gorgeous!! I love it. I am going to have to try it with the two longer pieces on the outside instead of the "T" shape. That was hard to cut. Thanks for stopping by and sharing this card with me.

Natasha
craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com