Saturday, May 30, 2009

4 Quick Grad Crads

I stopped by the coffee shops this week. Yesterday my last grad card sold (remember the set of seven I made last week?) I never know how many to mass produce. I don't like to have leftovers from one year to the next. E.g. I had one Father's Day card left over from last year, so I put that out first. It also sold yesterday, so I suppose I will need to do a little Father's Day mass production tomorrow.
When I need inspiration, I go "shopping in my craft room." I think I know what I own, but the truth is I forget what I have. I only had about 30 minutes to craft today...talk about pressure :) I started in my drawer of matching cards & envelope sets. I forgot I had these four DCWV tri-fold cards and envelopes. Four cards it is! Then in search on sentiments...a couple of years ago I bought a box from QVC (Lisa Bearnson, I think) that had enough stuff to make 50 cards plus a scrapbook album and papers. I completed the album back then and those 50 cards are long gone too, but the extra die cut sentiments are still in my craft room, untouched until today. I found four circle sentiments I thought would work for grad cards. Add some red linen and black linen scraps with my QuicKutz grad cap die and Stampin' Up! label punch...and a black snap....DONE! All packaged and ready to go in 30 minutes.

5 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW!!!!! June, you made these gorgeous cards in 30 mins!?...Okay, you win, lol!!!!! I am such a slow poke...oh yeah, two days later I might have a card done,lol!!! These are fabulous no wonder they are flying off the shelf!
Love your clean,elegant style...so fresh!
Thanks for the sweet comments, hun!
Big Hugs,t

Leslie Hanna said...

30 minutes?! Wowza!!! I really like these. I like them so much, I may need to get that die!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, that is amazing!! Like it was 'meant to be' (hee hee). So much in life is like that, don't cha think? ;) deanna

Anonymous said...

fabulous grad cards, what a fantastic job.

Kristie said...

Wow...I can't believe you made these in just 30 mins!!! They are gorgeous!!! Obviously Grad cards are very popular in your area...or maybe it's just that your cards rock and are waaaaayyyyyyy better than anything by Hallmark????