Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Loving Memory of Raymond Albert Erno, Jr.

My father passed away suddenly Sunday night. This is a picture of us when I was 4 years old. For as long as I can remember, he always had this photo in his wallet. For the past decade, he has resided in Florida with my stepmother, Bev, and their children. In recent years I have seen him twice per year. Doug, Julia, Kathryn and I went to Florida and visited him in February. He then came to visit us here in Virginia on March 31st. He treated me to lunch at our favorite place, Ledo's Pizza.

9 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Beautiful post June. My thoughts are with you, as you know.....d

Leslie Hanna said...

I am SO sorry! (The family resemblance is striking! What a wonderful photo.)

Jackie said...

I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family. The resemblance is indeed striking, especially looking at the photo of you on the sidebar next to the one of your dad. He was a very handsome man.

Kristie said...

You know my heart and prayers are with you honey. The first thing I noticed when I saw the picture was how much like him you look now and what an absolute cutie pie you were back then...adorable :) Big hugs to you ♥

Kim Costello said...

So sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you! Stunning photo no wonder he kept it in his wallet! HuGs Kim x

Cassie said...

Oh June, I'm so sorry dear. I can't even imagine how hard this must be; I'll be thinking of you, praying for you, hoping that God brings you comfort.

Windy Hills said...

This is a lovely picture and what lovely memories to have on your last visit together. God bless!

Chrissie said...

I was so sorry to read this news. Sincere condolences.
Chrissie