Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What?! No Scraps?? & The Picture in My Head

****REMINDER*** Don't forget to enter for my blog candy by midnight, June 7th. There will be two winners, one for each challenge. Click here:
http://simplyelegantpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-candy-contest.html



So I'm not getting any mojo looking at those masculine scraps, so I cleaned them up and put them back in the scrap bag. On my table I still had this one pink/green Bazzill flower (QK Revolution die) I had leftover from a set of Birthday cards I made last month. I had run out of the dp and could only make 5 birthday cards, but I had 6 flowers. I looked through all my 12x12 dps and pulled out this stripe dp (Creative Imaginations). I had a large scrap piece (okay, so mostly no scraps) of pink Bazzill in my pink/red Bazzill scrap bag and created the base card. Then I cut the stripe CI dp. I still have pangs of guilt when I cut a sheet of 12x12 dp...especially if it one I really like. It seemed a little dull, so I painted the edges of the dp and flower with white acrylic paint. I wrapped white grossgrain around, then used a CI "thanks." rub-on. Even though I knew in my head this would be a simply designed card (for a teacher...the end of the school year is almost upon us), this card looks better IRL than it did in my head. I love when that happens. I really like this card.
Then I decided to try to run the DCWV base card (front only) through the Cuttlebug embossing folder. I think if I do this again I will only run it through the top half of the card, because the e.f. is a little smaller that an A2 card. I also have an unopened pack of large Bazzill chip flowers. I pulled one out and put an SU! cs sticker in the middle. Still boring. Then I got out an SU! circle stamp and marker and stamped on a scrap of white Bazzill (okay, so maybe it is impossible for me to make a card with absolutely no scrap!) I glued the circle sentiment to a metal rimmed tag (Staples) and popped up on dimensionals. Hmmm...still needed something. I decided to paper pierce the Bazzill chip flower and use a tiny silver brad to go with the metal rimmed tag. Better, but this card looked better in my head than IRL.

3 comments:

Yvette said...

LOL I hate when the picture in your head doesn't come out that way in real life - happens to me all the time! They are still good cards though :o)

Corie said...

I love both of these -- so pretty

lauren bergold said...

i think it's HILARIOUS that you got the "yin and yang" of the idea IN the head vs. card IRL... IN ONE POST!!! but yeah...that's about how it goes for me, too!!!

(ps: i like both of these a lot...but year...the top one does really "SING" to me the loudest!) :)