Thursday, June 26, 2008

Scrapping Extras

I am not feeling creative the past couple of days. I want to make something, but my brain has nothing. Why can't Kazan & Laura do sketches each day? LOL!

This morning I remembered an old Caardvarks challenge from last summer (?) to use stickers. I recalled that for that challenge I pulled out some old tired cs stickers that I loved when I bought them, but no longer was excited about, kwim? I made like 6 cards from those stickers, and they all sold at Greenberry's. (Customers don't necessarily know what the trendy scrapbook products are.)

So I thought I'd try that approach. I pulled out my "Summer" craft keeper. I saw that I had 6 leftover pieces from a card kit (the square martini glass and the flip flops are 2 of the 6). I matched the martini square to "A Day at the Beach" EKSuccess dp. I used these scallops I was going to use on another card some time ago. I used the SU! large tag punch, Bazzill and DCWV scraps, an AC rub-on, DCWV brad and card base. You can't see it in the pic, but I also used a Sakura glitter pen on the dp circles.
For the second card I used MM rub-ons, but then I accidentally got part of another rub-on stuck over my "v"because I was rushing. Has that ever happened to you? Anyway, to cover it up, I used some QK Icing rub-ons (daisys). The prima is SU!, the button is a Button-Up, and the yellow Bazzill went through my Cuttlebug. I wanted to add a little dark purple somewhere (to match the flip flops), but couldn't work it out.
So these cards aren't particularly special, but I am happy with the "summery" feel I was looking for.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

If that's what you come up with when you're not feeling creative...well...let's just say I've seen worse! LOL I think they are rather pretty and definitely very 'Summery'. I specially like that second one and you'd never know the little daisies were a 'mistake'!
btw, TIP: The SU adhesive eraser will remove rub-ons if you accidently get a bit in the wrong place... from personal experience I can tell you it definitely works ;)

Windy Hills said...

Hi June,

I really like the cards and very creative in using your scraps. Keep up the excellent work!

Love,
Mom

Sue Hyer said...

Hi June,
You have been a busy girl! I love all your recent cards, especially how you've been adding charms, wire, buttons, etc! And Happy Anniversary to you!

Tracy said...

they're plenty special just like you cutie! i really love what i saw on friday - you are soooooo good at using up your stuff and making the cutest stuff

lauren bergold said...

i think these ARE indeed super-summery...and super-cool...which to me, automatically MAKES them super-special! (SHEESH--they are HANDMADE cards...how could they NOT be special??!) i remember that 'varks challenge, btw, and it stretched my idea of what you could do with just a few stickers...time to get out *MY* leftovers and try something like this i think!!! :)