Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Father's Day Card


I found this Basic Grey rub-on "Happy Father's Day" and thought this might be a good time to use it :)
I also went in my cards & envelope packs drawer and found this set of DCWV card set I purchased at GASC 3 years ago. The blue is pretty close to the AC dp blue. The brown cs is Bazzill and the yellow is SU! Barely Banana. I started with the rub-on, layered it on the brown, and the rest of the card fell into place. It seemed a little dull, so I added the belly band and punched out a circle from the dp. I used a MM black mini brad to tie in the black of the rub-on. Ahhh, that's better! The BG rub-ons has a "Congratulations" about the same size. I may duplicate this card with that sentiment now.

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

love it, love it, LOOOOOVE IT!!!

(ps: i suspect in the entire history of t'interwebs, this is the FIRST TIME the words, "father's day" and "belly band" have been used in the same sentence! prepare for curious onlookers!!!) :)

(pss: i bet he WOULD likes a cheezburger tho...i *might* even share m'brownies...on second thought...probably NOT...) :)