Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Scrapdragons contest and Blog candy



Scrapdragons is having a paper piecing contest: "Create a layout featuring your own handmade, layered funkalicious paper piecing!What you need to do is create a paper piecing by hand. We're not talking your classic tear bears or Disney paper piecing, we're talkin hand made, layers, stamping, 3D and funkalicious!How about a hand drawn bird? A really cool stamped image that you layer, stamp, ink, paint and embellish?Have fun and be sure to link your layout in the comments by April 30th. The winner will receive a $20.00 gift certificate to Crop Addict"
Okay, here is my paper piecing at work:
1) The "Christmas" is a die cut that I layered on green dp to coordinate with the photo mats. Then I cut it out with my Xacto knife. That took a loooooong time.
2) I hand drew the comment ballons and used MM rub-ons "better not pout" and "Let it snow!" (Julia's funny expression should probably be, "Bah, humbug!")
3) I embellished the store bought paper piecing stocking, wreath, present, and santa. I used Button-Ups buttons and eyelets to make the stocking, wreath, present, and Santa 3D. I also hand drew with my black marker give santa more depth.
4) I hand drew the list! I am most proud of this. I was terrified of ruining the layout. Then I could not figure out how to get the list in Santa's hand and behind him (I cut a slit in the list with my Xacto knife and slipped his arm through it...see the end of the list curled up behind him on the right side?) I used a MM rub-on for "Dear Santa", then tried to mimic the font in my own handwriting for our names.
Thank you, Scrapdragons, for having this contest. It gave me the push I needed to complete this layout!

Blogoversary candy winner...me! My blog friend, Sarah, had a 3-part blogoversary contest and I was one of the lucky winners! This is my first time winning blog candy. She even sent me one of her beautiful cards :) Check out Sarah's gorgeous cards:http://creationsbysarah.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest cheeks I've ever seen!!! And what a great job on the Santa list, it looks fab.

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

great layout . Love the santa

Tracy said...

look at you :-) drawing stuff! very cute miss june -i like that list! and yeah... another lo done!

lauren bergold said...

oooooh OOOOOH *OooOOooOooOOoooHHH*!!!

this is unbelievably fabulous!!! i love everything that you did on here...just MAGNIFICENT! truly amazing and wonderful! (oh yeah and those pics are great, too!) :)

mandyb said...

hi there - just found your blog through a google search... I live in New Zealand and I am searching for some paper piercing templates.... I mostly want to do straight lines , crosses and other basic stitches on my scrap pages and the search showed your jan 28th blog entry and I saw all your templates... where did you get them from - maybe I could order them if you let me know the web address - thanks in advance for your help and LOVE you pages and cards.... mandyb