Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally...St. Pat's Cards made


Everytime I go in my craft room I spread out different green dps and embeilies and no mojo. I end up making something else. Last year I used my QK alphas and coordinating Bazzill cs and die cut "Lucky to have you". I also made a few tag cards with K&Co. products and a "Lucky" tag. I didn't want to do the same cards as last year, but I was stuck. I pulled out my DCWV box which had an abundance (11 cards!) of this green color. Obviously difficult to match. The dp is by Reminisce...good match! I cut this 12x12 sheet into 4x4 squares. Now I had difficulty matching cs. No cs I owned matched to my satisfaction. On to scrap bags. Can you believe I used a 6x6 square of green cs and a 6x6 square of yellow from my scrap bags? Now for a design...I was inspired by a card Tracy sent me (see it here: http://smallsmackerels.blogspot.com/2008/01/another-warm-day-here-in-burg-oldie-but.html) The cards still needed something; I pulled out a bottle of green glitter glue (I prayed it had not dried up...it is probably at least 10 years old!) I made 9 of these cards total (and ran out of Reminisce dp). Only 2 of these green cards left in my DCWV box :) Phew! I took them over to the coffee shops this morning. Now to find some Easter card mojo...

5 comments:

Corie said...

These are so FANTSATIC -- your mojo is definitely going!!

Amy Sheffer said...

These are so cute!!!

Ila said...

Love this Fabulous ST Patty's card June!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

love love love these!!! hooray!

lauren bergold said...

these are ADORABLE! i mean truly...the greenberry folks will be...SO LUCKY...to get these!!! :)