Saturday, July 28, 2007

It all started with a scrap...

I needed to make a thank you card for my sweet sweet sister. She and her husband came over for Ledo's pizza last Saturday. (I grew up in Maryland, home of Ledo's pizza. If you watch Oprah, you may have seen that Oprah's friend Gayle rated Ledo's #1. Of course they are Marylanders too, so maybe a little biased!) Anyway, Angela (my little sister) and James brought some terrific presents for my girls and I wanted to make her a thank you card.
See the top rectangle of dp (mostly white background?) I had this scrap and decided to try to make a card with it. I thought it matched pretty well with a pack of American Crafts papers I received for attending a crop back in May. So I opened up the American Crafts papers and layered the three pieces on black bazzill, mounted my 4 MM brads, and mounted to the white DCWV card. The "Thank you" is an Anna Griffin stamp, and I used the SU! slot punch. I never would have purchased this particular pack of papers, but now I really like them! If I make this card again I think I will use the bottom paper on top and bottom. Of course I used my last 3 black mini brads on this card, and I'm having trouble finding a pack of just black (at Michael's the black is mixed with metallics, which I have plenty of.) Stay cool! It is hot and HUMID here...

10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

this is *gorgeous*! i would TOTALLY bring you a pizza if i thought there was one of these in it for me!!! :)

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!! Love those colors!

Tracy said...

oh i really like this card miss!
i love that paper. i like the card as is but i gotta tell you i love that bottom one too! oh and i looked at Scrapbook.com for the black mini brads - check there - not making memories brand but they sell 'em and it looks like they're out right now but expect soon - the brand is lost art treasures- 100 to a pack :-)

Ila said...

Lovely Card! I love it just the way it is...perfectly put together!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card, love the PPs

Lisa Renéa said...

What a fun blog you have here! I love this card! Very classy!

lauren bergold said...

...me again...just stopping by to say THANK YOU for your help!!! :)

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love this. I am late to add any comment...but I am fascinated by what you do!

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the colors!

Unknown said...

Well, as the "sweet sweet sister" and the recipients of such beautiful cards as well as being able to spend time with my big sister and her family makes me the luckiest person in the world! You know I save all your cards, I am collecting them just like you are collecting the girls' artwork. I guess we are two peas in a pod.